Important show announcement
We are heartbroken to have to make the following announcement.
On August 18th, the State of California created a new protocol for indoor events that have more than 1,000 guests. The new mandate goes into effect on 9/20/21.
The mandate requires proof of vaccination or negative Covid test for everyone in attendance, including children and infants.
We have explored numerous options:
- Limit the crowd in the venue under 1,000 people
- Move the show outside by creating a 100,000 square foot canopy with cooling systems in case of hot weather
- Offer rapid Covid testing at the site prior to entry if customers can not provide proof of status
- Splitting the venue across the numerous rooms of Cal Expo (1/2 mile distance between locations)
- Moving the show date to another date
Unfortunately, none of the above options makes sense, as they will affect the ability for all involved to have a successful event, while still being able to provide the caliber of event we have become accustomed to at the Sacramento Reptile Show.
After many days of deliberation, we have exhausted all potential options that would allow us to offer a show that makes it worth your time, money and effort to attend the Sacramento Reptile Show.
If you pre purchased tickets online, Cal Expo will be issuing automatic refunds.
We are incredibly saddened to make this decision, but do not see a viable path forward to succeed in 2021 with the new State mandate.
We will be back in September 2022 and are exploring the possibility of another show in the Spring of 2022.
Jeremy & Angel
Sacramento Reptile Show